- Space saving 100 litre cylinder
- Easy plug-in controls
- Fully WRAS approved system
- 10 year guarantee on collector and cylinder
- Choice of 'in-roof', 'on-roof' and 'flat roof' fixing kits
- Can be retrofitted to any Alpha high efficiency boiler with Solar Valve
- Stored water heated only by solar energy, using no gas
3 easy steps to free renewable energy
SolarSmart is a solar thermal DHW heating system for use with an Alpha combination boiler. The complete system solution comes in 3 parts (A, B and C). You will need to choose from options in sections B and C depending on the application.
A. Water Storage
- SolarSmart 100 Kit - consisting of a 100 litre unvented cylinder and drainback unit
B. Flat panel Collector
- SolarSmart collector portrait
- SolarSmart collector landscape
C. Fixing Options
- SolarSmart in-roof flashing kit single - portrait
- SolarSmart in-roof flashing kit twin - portrait
- SolarSmart in-roof flashing kit single - landscape
- SolarSmart on-tile fixing kit single panel collector
- SolarSmart on-tile fixing kit twin panel collectors
- SolarSmart on-slate fixing kit single panel collector
- SolarSmart on-slate fixing kit twin panel collectors
- SolarSmart flat roof fixing kit - landscape only
- SolarSmart connection kit - second collector
- SolarSmart immersion kit
- SolarSmart solar valve - Patented solar valve to enable SolarSmart 100 to be retrofitted to Alpha's older range of boilers
We have received some information from the manufacturer of the Alpha Solarsmart 100 solar panel relating to those that were installed between 2012 and 2018. Although every care in both quality and safety has been taken in the manufacturing process, a very small percentage of panels within these batches could present an issue where the glass could gradually become detached. We are therefore currently conducting some very important preventive maintenance to all affected solar panels, which will involve the introduction of some securing brackets to the 4 corners of the panel to avoid this specific situation.
If you do have an Alpha solar panel installed and have any concerns about this, please contact us on 01732 783014. This maintenance is completely free of charge, and it will not affect the performance of the product. If you have any questions, please do let us know.
Conventional solar thermal systems work with a traditional boiler to maintain a stored supply of hot water. Regardless of demand, the boiler fires-up to replenish the stored water as soon as its volume or temperature deteriorates.
With SolarSmart, the stored volume of hot water is heated only by the collected solar energy, so no gas is used in maintaining the cylinder temperature.
Should the solar heated water be exhausted, however, the combination boiler fires-up long enough to help satisfy any immediate demand for hot water.