What is a combination boiler?
A combi boiler is a single unit that provides a ‘combination’ of both hot water and space heating, and it is the most popular type of boiler in the UK. They heat hot water directly from the mains when you turn on a tap, which eliminates the need for a cold-water storage tank in the loft and a bulky hot water cylinder which would otherwise take up space. And, by not storing hot water in a tank, you only heat the water you use, thereby reducing your energy bills as well as your carbon footprint.
Key features of a combination boiler:
- Combi boilers heat up water on demand and do not require a bulky water tank or a hot water cylinder
- They are considered the best choice for small to medium size properties with average hot water demands
- Energy is not wasted by heating water that may not be used, thereby reducing your heating bills and your carbon footprint
- They are quick and easy to install
- They are the most popular type of boiler in the UK
Combis give you instant hot water whenever you need it and are traditionally considered the best choice for small to medium size properties with average hot water demands. Alpha offers very high output combi models with up to 38kW hot water output.
Combis are also quick and easy to install and, due to their neat, compact size, are ideal for homes with limited space.