Warranty terms and conditions
If you work with gas in the UK, it is a legal requirement to be registered with the Gas Safe Register. Therefore, your boiler must be installed by a Gas Safe registered installer to validate your Alpha Heating Innovation guarantee. This free guarantee is only valid if the Benchmark form, supplied with your homeowner pack, is completed by your installer. This does not affect your statutory rights.
How to validate the guarantee period
The boiler must be registered with Alpha Heating Innovation within 30 days of installation.
Your appliance is then guaranteed against faulty materials or workmanship from the date of installation (not the date of first use) subject to the conditions and exceptions described below.
To maintain the boiler guarantee it is essential that the boiler is serviced annually by a Gas Safe registered engineer who has been trained on the boiler installed. Failure to have the boiler annually serviced during the guarantee period will invalidate your warranty.
Our promise to you
If you experience a fault with your boiler, we aim to provide a safe and high quality repair service, supported by our dedicated national network of highly skilled engineers.
During the warranty period, any components which are proved to be faulty or defective in manufacture will be exchanged or repaired free of charge, if repaired directly by Alpha Heating Innovation or one of its appointed agents.
Invoices for attendance and repair of the appliance by third parties will not be accepted by Alpha Heating Innovation.
What this warranty does not cover
- Free of charge repairs if the boiler has not had an annual service at the end of the first year of installation and subsequent years during the guarantee period. This work can be carried out by Alpha Heating Innovation or your own appointed Gas Safe engineer.
- Free of charge repairs to boilers that have not been installed by Gas Safe registered installers.
- Repairs to boilers that have not been installed and commissioned correctly, as outlined in the installation instructions, including the need to flush the system effectively and add suitable corrosion inhibitor.
- Any damage caused by defects or failures in the heating system, outside of the boiler itself.
- Faults caused by an inadequate supply of electricity, gas or water to the property.
- Installations on non-static boats.
- Installations within commercial locations, for which the boiler is not designed. This excludes the ProTec 50, ProTec 70, ProTec 90 and ProTec 115 boilers providing they are installed by an engineer appropriately qualified for commercial installations.
- The replacement of any decorative parts such as badges, trim and boiler case.
- Compensation for consequential losses (e.g. loss of earnings, business losses, stress and inconvenience arising from a production breakdown, including repair delays caused by factors outside our reasonable control.
- Any damage caused by hard water scale deposits and/or aggressive water resulting from corrosion.
Your statutory rights are not affected.
What to do if you experience a problem with your heating system or the operation of your boiler
- You should always contact your installer in the first instance, as the cause of the fault may not be related to the boiler.
- If your installer confirms that the fault is with the boiler and they cannot repair it because of a component failure, our customer service technical helpline is on hand to help. Simply call 0344 871 8764 for advice or to book an engineer’s visit.
- Our technical helpline is open 08.00 - 17.30 Monday to Friday, 09.00 - 16.00 on Saturday and 09.00 - 14.00 on Bank Holidays (excluding Christmas Day).
- When calling the technical helpline, you will need to provide the following information:
- The boiler serial number
- Your installer’s details, along with their Gas Safe registration number
- Address and contact details of the installation
PLEASE NOTE – If you cannot provide details of your Gas Safe registered installer and we have not been notified of this information previously, a “call-out” charge of £70+VAT may be levied before we agree to attend site. This fee must be paid by debit or credit card over the telephone prior to us agreeing to send an engineer to attend to the appliance.
If evidence that the appliance has been installed by a legally registered engineer can be presented when our service engineer visits site then any fee will be reimbursed.
‘Evidence’ is strictly defined as any of the following:
- A copy of a Building Regulations Compliance certificate (giving the details of the registered installer who carried out the work), or
- A copy of a Gas Safety Compliance Certificate (giving the details of the registered installer who carried out the work), or
- A copy of a receipt for the installation clearly showing the installation company’s address details and their current Gas Safe registration number